Monday, September 10, 2012

Wk 2/Day 8- The Weigh In!

I decided to live a more normal life and not blog on the weekend.  It was a nice break, but all weekend I was making little mental notes of things to report on Monday.

 Want to know the week 1 weigh in result?  I know I don't have much to lose, but I was pleased to see I am 1 pound closer to my pre-pregnancy weight (yes, still trying to work off baby fat).  On Thursday I was down 1.5 pounds and a little concerned.  Now I know I am not typical in this- worried I had already lost 1.5 pounds in 3 days?!  I knew that, although I had stepped it up in consistent exercise and decreased added treat intake, I had not made a difference of 5,250 calories (this would be the amount I would have had to burn more than I ate, to lose that much weight).  Concerned mostly because I knew the change was simply fluid and therefore could not be sustainable.  I didn't want to gain a pound the next week just out of a fluid re-balance and lose points.  (Oh, points, points, points)


Well, week 1 down!  It went much better than I expected.  On to week 2, which carries an extra challenge- absolutely no simple sugars (not even honey in my steel cut oats).  Now this is an optional challenge and I have chosen to torture myself and take it on.  Honestly I am scared to death because I keep thinking of all the things that have added sugars or places I add a touch of sugar.  But I desperately want to know if I can do it.   Warning: the blog posts for this week may be a little more hostile than usual!

Yesterday, I had the ultimate experience in mindless eating.  I was eating my steel cut oats (with added sugar- that will be no more) in a bowl as I walked around the house doing other things to get ready for church.  (You can probably see where I set myself up- eating is not meant to be multi-tasked.)  At one point I realized I was missing my bowl and I went wandering around the house to find where I had left it.  Frustrated I traced and re-traced my steps and for the life of me could not find my bowl.  I just wanted to finish my breakfast!

Eventually, would you know it, I found my bowl in the kitchen sink.  I hadn't even realized I had finished eating my food and here I had, very responsibly but mindlessly, even cleaned up afterward.  The sad thing is that I had a yummy breakfast to eat and I missed it.  I consumed it, but I was not mindfully present for it.  I missed it.








No comments:

Post a Comment