Friday, October 12, 2012

Wk 6/Day 40- Bad Cookies

Since we are on fall break from school, I decided to be the best active mom ever and enjoy some activities of living.  I packed up my 3 little boys along with a lunch and decided to bike to a park we don't usually visit.  I worked hard to pack up a healthy lunch of turkey sandwiches, apples, and carrot sticks, crackers, and of course cookies.  Packed water for everyone, bandaids for any scraped knees, diaper and wipes for the baby, a change of underwear just in case, helmets, and of course children and bicycles.  Just the preparation was a workout.  

We set out, ready for some fun.  Only made it about 1/2 way to the park, when my oldest ran over a goathead weed.  The thorny weed imbedded itself and wrapped all the way around his tire.  So we had to stop and untangle his bike.  As I pulled off the weed, I could hear the tire air escaping.  So what more can you do now, then head home as quickly as possible? 

We were almost home, when I realized the bike tire was still holding up pretty well, so we continued on to the elementary school.  We ate lunch on the top platform of the kindergarten playgroud- fun atmosphere.   I had packed 2 cookies for each of us and had planned to use one of my indulgences to have 2 Keebler Coconut Dreams.  

I say planned, because I closed my eyes to savor the first one and realized it wasn't really that good.  It certainly wasn't worth using up my free indulgence on crappy caramel, mediocre coconut, and really crappy chocolate, even on decent shortbread.  So although I was sad I didn't get a yummy treat, I didn't finish my 2 cookies.  Not worth the calories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment