Thursday, October 11, 2012

Wk 6/Day 39- Dancing around with maseca flour and elbowroni

I had a fun experience with one of the bonus challenges this week.  I was supposed to wear a backpack while exercising with added weight equal to that which I had lost.  So I got my sons Lightening McQueen backpack and filled it with 6 pounds of maseca flour and elbow macaroni.  Then I danced around to my Zumba DVD.  I took it off 1/2 way through and felt like a champ.  It was amazing to take off just 6 pounds of weight.  It was a neat way to celebrate the changes I had made.

A friend asked me the other day, how things were going with the diet.  I replied with a kind of  "ehh!" and accompanying shoulder shrug.  She said "well you've lost weight!"  Only a few pounds.  "But don't you feel great?"  I didn't know how to answer that one.

Yes, I am pleased with the changes I have made in my routine that make me more aware of my choices- no more mindless grazing on my kids random leftover food.  I feel more drive to actually get involved and play with my kids.  I have learned that even though certain treats are sweet, they actually don't taste that good and aren't worth the indulgence.  But I really can't say I feel so much better, because I am eating more fruits and veggies and fewer sweets.

My prevailing feeling is that I am absolutely sick of the external diet rules.  I am sick of a little chart on my fridge dictating what I must eat and what I can't eat.  I am just ready to be done.  Looking forward to Monday morning when I can have full sugar jam on my toast, and not have to force in one more serving of carrots before 8 PM. 

This picture seemed just to sum up how I feel about carrots right now!  They are my main source of veggie points and I am getting sick of them, but they sit in front of me taunting me to eat more, because dang it, I want the points!

No comments:

Post a Comment